Have you ever stopped to think about what’s so very special about growing old?
Here are a few eye openers.
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run into a burning building.
4. People call at 9 PM and ask, “Did I wake you?”
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won’t wear out.
8. You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.
9. You can live without sex but not without glasses.
10. You enjoy hearing about other people’s operations.
11. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
12. You have a party and the neighbors don’t even realize it.
13. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
14. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
15. You sing along with elevator music.
16. Your eyes won’t get much worse.
17. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
18. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
19. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
20. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
Which number is most appealing to you?
EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA.
PAM ARRIVED SAFELY IN LA: Left NZ 8pm Monday-arrived in LA at 1pm Monday…and the plane didn’t fly backwards! Had an eyeball chat with Pam and Beverly on Skype at 9pm Monday LA. Pam was very tired and they were heading for bed.
I ‘ll update as best I can with posts that follow. Ok?